Condividi contenuti

Issue 3

29 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

So what do we have for the next issue?

I am planning to write an architecture article again, possibly on a fanage.

Anyone else ideas or plans?

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

Nev asked me for an article about my Uru activities: managing the AGM, GoMe. I should be abe to write it for this issue :)

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

I've actually decided to write something on the neighbourhood, with some speculating towards D'ni housing & living. 

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

I'm a bit tapped out for ideas at the moment, but I'd be happy to write something up if given a topic. :)

AgeExplorer
Ritratto di AgeExplorer
Cavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 9 Feb 2011

I should be able to write an article for this issue when I get more free time.

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team
Iscritto: 27 Nov 2011

I'm going to attempt an interview with Cyan about realMyst for iOS. Also, possibly an article about all the current guilds, their structure, and contact information for explorers.

Of course, I would need magazine staff access again. Mine was revoked for unknown reasons.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

Sorry if this message seems "to the point". My original plan was a study up about GoMe for my "seminar" tommorrow. Instead my "easy" 6hr shift turned into 11hr one. I have no energy to spare for trivial niceties at the moment. Placed below is a snippet from a PM between Leo and me a week ago.

Feb 23 2012 - 01:38 Nev'yn: I figured out what it was bothering me about the site...White and Irissa's Messenger badges are missing!!! I probably wouldn't have even noticed if hadn't had been working on those forum signatures....

Feb 23 2012 - 06:31 Leonardo: Every once in a while I clean the Messengers List taking out the inactive ones. I don't like keeping the groups full of inactive people, so once in a while I contact all the inactive messengers and ask them what they want to do. In case they say they are no longer interested in GoMe or they never respond they are taken out of the list, with a message that says that they are wlecome to come back whenever they want. Certain special messengers that leave us will be taken out of the list, but they will be added to the Wall of Honor Page in our Guild Business Book :)

Therefore, you'll notice both White/Irissa's access to the site in now restricted to "general" access. (I'm sure Leo would be more than happy to restore their access if they "returned".) There are some Messangers who I think of as "reservists". They are not active in the Gome on the day to day basis, but are people various "active" members of the guild still chat/email with about once a month, if not more. (Examples would be Szark, Marten, Laughing Pinapple, Rilo, Kaelis, ect.) I suspect there are also a few who keep their guild access out of respect. (Such as the Andros, Shimmer, Lynnutte.) As founding members, we hope they will visit from time to time to help give us advice and help "chart" GoMe's course into the future.

You access may have been revoked by a simple oversight by Leo when he was doing some "spring cleaning". The other option could be, with all due respects, you're not an "active" Messenger. (Be aware, I don't mean that to sound as harsh as it does...I'm simply applying logic to the situation. I also ask you to remember that I'm quite tired at the moment.) Along those same lines, Ainia, Rhee, and Larry weren't granted special access to the magazine development part of the site. Instead they "liasoned" with various team members for their articles. Everyone is allowed to submit items/articles for the magazine. that doesn't mean they need full "staff access". (Besides, "Oh, look Issue #2.4 is up for review, Pol must have fixed to  the grammer and spelling mistakes Doobes noticed....) Not really very interesting, is it?

Please be aware all of this is merely my thoughts on the matter, and mine alone. It's up to Leo/Luna to restore your Messenger badges, if they wish. The other option is pretty simple: Apply to join the Guild of Messengers, if you feel it does not conflict with your duties as the Admin/(GM?) of the New Greeters. Again, this is just my line of thinking on the matter.

That being the case, I'm now headed off to sleep!  

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

The matter is more simpler than that: Trekluver never applied to be a messenger.

He asked access to his article on the other issue (something we usually don't give to external writers) and he was given temporary access to it.

I have to re think the permissions to allow "stable external writers" in the website structure.

For now I've given him Magazine Team Badge, which should give all the permissions to access the articles, but gives more permissions than necessary on other parts of the website

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team

Very sorry about that then; I was under the impression that I was "permanently" on the magazine team. Plus, I think last time I was given messenger status too which might have been a problem; if I recall I accidentally approved a news article I wrote because I did not know it had to go through Leo first.

On the other hand, no, I did never ask to be a messenger and do not desire to be (I run another guild, can you blame me?). :D

And by the way, I promise I won't access anything other than the Cavern Post stuff. I'd quote a certain Marvel comics web-slinger, but I think you get my drift. ;)

AaronAKAAtrus
Ritratto di AaronAKAAtrus
Magazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Ott 2010

Hello all

I realize i have not had a presence in here for a long while, but I would like to try to get my old interview ready for publishment if anything is left to be done.

aaron

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

To quote AE...(Or was it Doobes?)...The more the merrier!!!

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

I think Ryan's interview is kind of too old by now.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

(/me chucks a starfish into the ocean)

It's not the date of the article that matters, but it's content. If you re-read it, you'll discover it's substance could provide solace to one explorer out there. If so, then we've done our job right to provide information, comfort, or entertainment. I know it was definately the kind of "pick me up" I needed today, as AE can verify.

@Luna: Be aware, I don't disgree with you just to do so. My apologies if it seems that way sometimes. I think you and I have very divergent views about things. That being said, the group probably better for it. It gives the team a "wide angle lens" to work with in our "tool set". No hard feelings, ok? (/salute)

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

I haven't decided yet on Ryan's interview, I'll think about it a bit more.

In the meantime, Squirt sent us photos of the cavern to the email, I uploaded them to photobucket. We might be able to use some of them.

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger
Iscritto: 28 Gen 2012

Hello All ...

First off. I'm sorry that the Crossword in issue #2 contained a few mistakes, that's been pointed out to me.
But I've made a Topic on that! On .. guildofsleepers.org .. Website-Forum, under Snorum News. There's 
a few proper corrections to the clues but also some further clues, what picture belongs to where. This in
case if it was a bit too difficult and if anybody needs a nudge to the right direction.

But for issue #3 .. Hmm, I have an Idea of a Picture Quiz, about Myst/Uru. Won't be too easy either. But
in short a 8 x 8 pictures frame [like a chessboard] Where You need to detect what Ages the pix are from.
Every Age correlate to a digit & number .. The correct solution would be the Sum of All Numbers. Easy?
A way to learn to know the URU Universe a bit more in detail perhaps ...

I could compile this some time next week if Yous are Interested? Takes about a Page, not more.

/ Max /

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

I'm glad we did that meeting last Saturday.  Got a lot of good ideas. :)

IIRC, I'm doing the anniversary celebration article  (Leo should probably update the book with who was assigned what. I think he was keeping track :P), and since I wasn't in the cavern for most of it, I'll need anything Tai or anyone else has from the festivities that week and I'll take it from there.

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

I'm sorry. So many thigns to do.

The List of Jobs:

• Ryan's Interview. Assigned to ???
  • Leonardo From the Kadish Gallery - Assigned to Leonardo
  • Hoods Architecture - Assigned to Luna
  • MOULa Anniversary - Assigned to Doobes
  • Other PC Game - currently in discussion
  • DMR - Assigned to Musica

Trekluver suggested an article about Guilds, we are not sure about how to make it. We think that basic infos about the Guilds could be useless: usually people who read the magazine already know about the Guilds. But an in-depth article would become very long, and risks to become an opinionate piece about certain guilds

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

I actually just assumed this info was in the Workflow summary...I just never got around to looking...Recent events have made me quite unmotivated.

Tai'lahr
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Iscritto: 8 Lug 2008

Hey Doobes, I sent you an e-mail thru this site with information about the Anniversary events, but...  I d'no if it even went through.  I checked the box to send a copy to myself and haven't rec'd it, yet.  So, please let me know if didn't receive anything and I guess I'll try to reconstruct it again.

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

Tai'lahr wrote:

Hey Doobes, I sent you an e-mail thru this site with information about the Anniversary events, but...  I d'no if it even went through.  I checked the box to send a copy to myself and haven't rec'd it, yet.  So, please let me know if didn't receive anything and I guess I'll try to reconstruct it again.

Thanks, Tai!  I did indeed get the e-mail and this will help to get me started soon. :)

AaronAKAAtrus
Ritratto di AaronAKAAtrus
Magazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Ott 2010

I would be willing to prepare the interview if anyhthing is needed. If you want to publish it(which you may not) I will contact Ryan again because it's been so long i'd like to get his permission again.

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team

Gotcha. I'm prepared to send in the interview to the realMyst team if you'd still like that interview. Also, I can write up an ADBMM artcle since I'm assuming this issue will come out close to the first or middle of May.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Just thought I'd see if there was any movement on this issue of the newsletter?

I personally have all mid-shifts for the next three days, I then have Thursday off, so I'm hoping to have WHI Feb/March written by end of business that day. The weekend gets "sticky" for me again with yet another 12hr shift on Friday. I also have a short essay due for a class that day, but it's relatively minor, so no worries there. That means i'll also have to cancel my Crier run Fri night for the AGM*, but I *think* I found a way to do the one half an hour before the meeting.

Ok, so this ended up being more of a "status update" from me more than I intended...Sorry!!!

(*Nevyn's Note: I might find a way to do at least one, but I wouldn't count on it....)

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

At the moment the issue has fallen kind of still I'm afraid. I'm rather busy with my internship(40 hour workweek, not counting traveltime) and I still haven't really managed to figure out a sane schedule where I can do everything, It' s kind of a major change after having 20-30 hour school weeks(more often 20 than 30).  I'm planning to do some ctaching up with easter, writing articles etc. and checking up on everything.

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 2 Mar 2012

If there's anything I can do, I'd be happy to help. I might be a bit busier for the next few weeks, but after that it should calm down until the end of May.

Signature

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

Still working on the anniversary article.  As you can see in the Book, I've got a rough introduction completed.  Soon I'll start the task of assembling a retelling of what happened that week and who was involved.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Sent via Ki#  14019925 04/10/12 12:11
To: Leo/Luna et al.

Hey, guys!

I hope everything is going well back there! The base camp is all set-up here. Ainia and I have plans of finishing the excivations of the fossil skeleton began by DRC starting tomorrow or the next day. I have to say being here take some time getting used to. Between the constant "drum" of crashing water from the waterfall and occasional hissing steam of the vents. Still it's a nice change from the constant hectic motion of surface life, or the stillness of the cavern. I have to say the nights here do give you time to think. Well, anyway...Enough of such ruminations

I'll get to the point of this message. It occured to me...Has anyone spoken to NoorMax recently? Is he planning to provide another puzzle/crossword/ect? Could someone try contacting him if they get time to ask? Otherwise, I'll do so when I get back this weekend.

Sorry for the bother! Just thought I'd send a message as much as a reminder for me as anything else...Well, gotta go! Ainia has made a vegetarian chili for dinner from a recipe she picked up from a guy in New Mexico.

TtyLaterz!!!
-Nev

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger
Iscritto: 28 Gen 2012

Nev'yn wrote:
I'll get to the point of this message. It occured to me...Has anyone spoken to NoorMax recently?
Is he planning to provide another puzzle/crossword/ect?

Hi Nev'yn et al ...

Just happend to take a peek here now, and well timed it seems. Sorry Nev, I've met You briefly in
the Cavern a few times and should have [but always forgot] told You I've put all of my plans on the
shelf for time being.

So atm.-- in short. No Puzzle, no Crossword, no Markergames .. nothing in the Works at present.

But I wish You all luck with the new Issue [#4] as the last one was really great!

/ Max /

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

Not really an update, but still important.

I just can't seem to find time to work on articles and the magazine as I am really busy with school etc. 

However if we do have some articles, we could possibly bring out a slimmer version. Are there enough articles to do that? Or should we just lay the work down for know until we have more time (summer for me) ?

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara
Magazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 24 Apr 2010

As all of those who wanted to write something have withdrawn for the moment I would say it´s a good idea to stop for some time.

But I would like to make a small last version with the solution of the crossword. Don´t know if Nev'yn has managed to write his "What happened in.." - but if there´s only the solution so be it. And we can give an explanation that and why the production is stopped now.